Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here is a different rice pudding recipe using instant vanilla pudding.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (3 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups cold milk
- Cook rice in water and salt as directed on package.
- Mix pudding and cold milk as directed on box.
- Add cooled rice and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I've been making rice pudding like this for a lot of years. I have tried a lot of baked rice puddings and other recipes with long cooking times but this is what DH likes the best of all. I add cinnamon and raisins. He always likes the rice to be overcooked too. If your looking for a creamy rice pudding this is the way to go!
Too simple! I used leftover rice from our Chinese takeout meal. What a quick and easy way to make rice pudding!
This is a nice simple rice pudding - great for when you are low on time. I used arborio rice and 2% milk and it turned out very creamy.