Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Do not attempt to adjust quantities except in multiples of 4 servings; it will not work correctly.
Make and share this Simple Rice Cooker Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup arborio rice or 1 cup carnaroli rice
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup dried mushroom
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine or 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place butter in rice cooker and turn on. When melted, add onion and saute 3-4 min until soft. Add rice and saute 2-3 min until coated with butter and rice has turned milky-white. Add remaining ingredients except cheese. Cover and cook until rice cooker turns off. Stir in cheese before serving.
I made this the other night in our 7-cup rice cooker and it turned out well. I didn't have enough dried mushrooms so substituted fresh and sauteed them with the onions. I used vegetable broth instead of chicken to make it vegetarian - next time I would use a mushroom broth. I also didn't have dried parsley or sage (fresh parsley would be nice though) so added a bit of basil and a bit of thyme, worked for me. After the 'cook' cycle was over, I stirred in the cheese, but it was still quite liquid. Leaving it to sit on warm for about 8 minutes allowed the rice to finish absorbing the moisture. This might have been excess moisture from the fresh mushrooms (YMMV). Overall very simple and good - easier than traditional risotto. Thanks for sharing your recipe! I will make it again, with some more tweaking :)
I've just made this after purchasing a rice cooker, I added goats cheese & left out the mushrooms, delicious!!