Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Cuisine at Home Grilling Special.
- 1 cup converted rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 pinch cayenne (or 1 pinch dried ancho chile powder or chipotle chile powder)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- green onion, sliced for garnish
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Saute garlic, cumin and cayenne in oil in a skillet over medium heat 1 minute. Stir in beans and broth; bring to a simmer and cook 5-8 minutes to heat through.
- Top rice with beans and garnish with sliced green onions.
Very easy to make. I was looking for something simple to make with the ingredients I had on hand. I added some chopped peppers I had from the farmers market. Very easy and delicious.