Cook1 hr 45 mins
Easy and tasty served either hot or cold, wonderful sliced cold for a picnic or sandwiches. We have enjoyed this basic meatloaf for many years.Try a change, instead of the usual topping, try your favourite salsa brushed on top, a nice Chipotle medium or hot salsa is wonderful on it.
- Mix all the meat loaf ingredients together.
- Pack into a 5 x 9 loaf pan.
- Bake at 325f degrees for 1 1/4 hours.
- Remove from oven, turn out of pan and place on an ovenproof serving dish.
- Topping: Mix the topping ingredients.
- Brush over the meat loaf and return to the oven for 30 minutes or longer.
- Note: The finished meat loaf can be frozen or the meat loaf ingredients can be split into 2 smaller loaf pans, cooked, topped, cooled and frozen.
- Defrost and reheat or use sliced cold.
- ALTERNATE TOPPING.
- 4 tablespoons chilli sauce.
- 3 tablespoons splenda.
- 4 tablespoons spreadable soft cream cheese - light.
- 1 tablespoon hot horseradish.
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard.
- Combine all and brush on top of meatloaf instead of above topping.