Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe is so easy and delicious. It is great for BBQ's and potlucks. Cook time does not include cooking the bacon. When I make these, I usually cook the bacon the day before.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch style beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Saute pepper and onion for 8 to 10 minutes. Add all ingredients to crock pot and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- My friend Sheri usually adds a chopped jalepeno pepper for spicier beans.
We mixed these beans as writen. I put them in the smoke instead of the crook pot for 3 hours. The beans had a unique flavor coming from the chilli powder in the Ranch Beans. We loved them. Next time I may try adding a little honey to them for sweetness.