Recipe by Chocolatl
This vegan recipe is the simplest Puttanesca Sauce I've found. From Dom DeLuise, who attributes it to Caterina Valente. Good with vermicelli.
Top Review by sofie-a-toast
This was a well rounded and flavorful sauce with few ingredients. Next time I will use diced tomatoes so I won't have to spend so much time mashing them against the side of the pot.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (28 ounce) canswhole Italian plum tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) canwhole pitted black olives, drained
- 4 tablespoons capers, drained
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes