Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just pumpkin soup without all the extras. I made it up myself based on a non-vegan recipe. My tip is to use organic pumpkin for a more intense flavor.
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (not olive)
- 1 (700 -900 g) fresh pumpkin
- 2 potatoes
- 30 g wheat flour
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3 cm ginger (optional)
- 100 g red lentils (optional)
- Chop onion and garlic to small pieces.
- Fry lightly in oil in a casserole.
- Peel and chop the pumpkin -save the seeds- and potatoes.
- Mix flour with a little water.
- Put onions, pumpkin, potatoes, flour and stock in casserole (if you use dried lentils, wash them and put them in at this point. If canned, add them at the end).
- Let simmer until pumpkin is soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add thyme, ginger and salt if needed.