Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I haven't tried this soup yet but I love the simplicity of it. Putting it here for safekeeping.
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mashed cooked pumpkin (can use canned)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- Chop the onions and gently brown with butter in a pan.
- .Put mashed pumpkin with onions in pan.
- Add the salt, sugar, nutmeg and pepper.
- Slowly add chicken broth and heat thoroughly, but do not boil.
- To serve, pour into a tureen and add the cream.