Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We have an oversupply of pumpkins on our vines at the moment and needed to make everything pumpkin. I tried pumpkin cookie recipes from this site but none of them were as nice as these.
- 2 cups raw sugar
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin
- 1 cup salad oil (I use sunflower)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups raisins
- Combine raw sugar, pumpkin, oil and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Drop dessertspoons of mixture on greased oven trays.
- Bake in moderate oven (180C/350F), for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Good flavor and smelled great while baking. They were super soft and cake-like in texture. My kids really enjoyed them. I added raisins and craisins, and the craisins were great with the pumpkin.
Enjoyed making these ~ The smell in the kitchen & the taste afterwards! Great! Used canned pumpkin for these & that worked out fine! Guests tonight will love them, I know (Now I just have to keep my hands off them until later!)! Thank you for posting your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]