Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe is very easy and can be adapted to many applications. I cook it dry for tacos and nachos, leave it wetter and put it over beans and rice. When you move it to the skillet you can add spices to it but it really does not need it. Sometimes I go with a little cumin and arbol chilly powder just to mix things up. I have also used bone in loin chops when on sale. Bone in gives the liquid more flavor and lip smacking goodness. This was given to me by Stephanie Johnson.
- Put juice, water and salt in crock pot and give it a quick stir .
- Add pork.
- Cook on high for 5 hr or 10-12 on low.
- Move pork to cutting board and pull of meat with a couple of forks, removing any large fat pieces.
- Put the pulled pork and remaining juices in a large skillet and completely reduce the liquid stirring occasionally.
- Continue to cook until meat is browned. There will be enough fat in the liquid to do this.