Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have been on a carb free diet for a month now and I love whipping up this sort of thing. I made this the other night and found it to be filling and delicious without the extra calories. Great for fish and vegetable lovers.
- 175 g large king prawns (cooked and peeled)
- 90 g sugar snap peas
- 30 g broccoli florets
- 2 egg whites
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 teaspoon moroccan spices
- 200 ml water
- 1. Cut the broccoli into small florets and cut off the tips of the sugar snap peas. Put them on to steam together for about 5 minutes.
- 2. While they are steaming pour a dash of vinegar into a pan of boiling water. Use a wooden spoon to stir the water rapidly to create a whirlpool like effect before dropping the egg whites into the centre to poach.
- 3. After about 2 minutes remove the egg whites from the water and cut up into chunks about half an inch in size, placing in the bottom of the bowl you wish to eat from.
- 4. Mix the stock cube with the boiling water and put into a sauce pan. Add the sugar snap peas, the broccoli, the prawns and the Moroccan spices to the stock and mix together.
- 5. Simmer together for about 3 minutes before pouring over the egg whites. Mix the egg whites through the broth and enjoy.