1/4 Photos of Simple Potato Tacos (Vegetarian)
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: A friend recently made me pan-fried potato tacos and I loved them! That is what gave me the idea for this recipe. Kids love this too. So simple, healthy, tasty and filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 566.99 g bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 42.52 g packet taco seasoning or 9.85-14.78 ml ground cumin
- garlic salt, to taste
- 14.79-29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 12-18 corn tortillas (I like white)
- 453.59 g fat free refried black beans, heated (optional)
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 0 head cabbage or 0 head lettuce, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- lemon wedge, to serve (especially good squeezed over cabbage and cilantro)
- cheese, of choice (we had a choice of shredded colby or jack, crumbled feta and crumbled goat cheese)
- sour cream, to serve
- salsa, to serve
- hot sauce, to serve (We love Tapatio)
- 1Spray oil a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- 2Add bag of potatoes and bell pepper and toss with seasonings.
- 3Put lid on and cook for about 15 minutes, turning every few minutes, until heated through.
- 4Remove lid, sprinkle with lemon juice and pan-fry for a few more minutes.
- 5In the meantime, chop up toppings and lay out on a platter and bowls on the table.
- 6Heat Tortillas in desired method. We heat them over the gas stove flame until they get some brown spots. You could also fry them, if desired. Lay in a tortilla warmer or plate and place on table.
- 7Place prepared potatoes in a bowl alongside other choices and everyone can build their own tacos. Enjoy!
- 8We had some without beans and some with beans smeared on the tortilla and then the potatoes and other toppings over them. Yummy both ways.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Potato Tacos (Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.7
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 609.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion