Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: A friend recently made me pan-fried potato tacos and I loved them! That is what gave me the idea for this recipe. Kids love this too. So simple, healthy, tasty and filling.
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packet taco seasoning or 2 -3 teaspoons ground cumin
- garlic salt, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 12 -18 corn tortillas (I like white)
- 1 (16 ounce) fat free refried black beans, heated (optional)
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 head cabbage or 1⁄4 head lettuce, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- lemon wedge, to serve (especially good squeezed over cabbage and cilantro)
- cheese, of choice (we had a choice of shredded colby or jack, crumbled feta and crumbled goat cheese)
- sour cream, to serve
- salsa, to serve
- hot sauce, to serve (We love Tapatio)
- Spray oil a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add bag of potatoes and bell pepper and toss with seasonings.
- Put lid on and cook for about 15 minutes, turning every few minutes, until heated through.
- Remove lid, sprinkle with lemon juice and pan-fry for a few more minutes.
- In the meantime, chop up toppings and lay out on a platter and bowls on the table.
- Heat Tortillas in desired method. We heat them over the gas stove flame until they get some brown spots. You could also fry them, if desired. Lay in a tortilla warmer or plate and place on table.
- Place prepared potatoes in a bowl alongside other choices and everyone can build their own tacos. Enjoy!
- We had some without beans and some with beans smeared on the tortilla and then the potatoes and other toppings over them. Yummy both ways.