Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from a lady I work with. I'm not sure where she got it, but it is the best potato soup I've ever had.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk (I use 2%)
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese (I use 2%)
- Melt margarine in stock pot.
- Add chopped onion and garlic to margarine and saute until wilted.
- Add potatoes and cover with stock. Simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in milk and cheese.
- Leave as is, or puree with an immersion blender.
- Top with your choice of bacon, additional cheese, green onion, etc.
Yum. I added some salt since I used low sodium chicken stock. I also used butter instead of margarine. I had never made potato soup before, and this was so simple. I had no evaporated milk, so I used regular 2%. Thanks for a great recipe!
I served this to my father-in-law. He is very critical of my cooking. He pronounced this potato soup the best he ever had. High praises indeed. Mick