Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this recipe on grouprecipes.com, posted by Momo_55grandma. I thought it was one of the simplest potato pancake recipes I've seen and decided to share it. I made them last night and they ARE good.
- 1 small onion, grated
- 4 medium potatoes, grated
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- oil (for frying)
- Heat OIL IN HEAVY IRON SKILLET; just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Remove excess moisture from potatoes by squeezing in a kitchen towel.
- Add grated onion to large bowl.
- Add flour, potaoes(grated), salt, egg, and baking powder.
- Stir well untill combine in bowl.
- Drop by small handsful into skillet and flatten slightly.
- Cook 4-5 minutes on each side till golden brown.
- Drain pancakes on paper towels to rid of excess grease.
- Serve with your favorite sides.