1/1 Photo of Simple Potato and Rosemary Focaccia
1 hr 50 mins
Karen Elizabeth's Note:
This was my first attempt at focaccia, several years ago, and it worked out well. I've made it several times since then. Having come across it again whilst browsing my cookbooks, I thought that you might like to try it! After it is baked , although it's great just as it is, try topping it with some fresh baby spinach or rocket (arugula) leaves. and shavings of Parmesan cheese. Be sure to slice the potatoes for the topping very thinly, they will cook on top of the focaccia. From : The Vegetarian Kitchen: Susan Gardner
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, flour, yeast, salt and 1 tbsp of olive oil, and mix in enough water to form a soft dough (you may not need all the water).
- 2Knead lightly, cover with plastic wrap, and leave to rise for about 1 hour.
- 3Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- 4Lightly oil a large baking tray.
- 5Place the dough in the middle, and work it out to the edges to form a square or rectangle.
- 6Top the dough with the uncooked potato slices and the rosemary, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with the remaining oil.
- 7Bake for 50 minutes, covering if the focaccia is getting too brown.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Potato and Rosemary Focaccia
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.7
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 706.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 5.8 g