Recipe by threeovens
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This is a very simple and quick soup to make. I find it hard to get my husband to eat healthy greens - they just don't appeal to him. However, cooked tender in a healthy and hearty potato soup, is just his cup of - er - tea! The recipe calls for vegetable bouillon and my favorite is a tomato bouillon with chicken flavor. Look for it, you won't be sorry. If not, you can use any bouillon you like, vegetable, chicken, etc. You could even use those little packets of concentrated stock, if you like.
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons vegetable bouillon (try tomato bouillon with chicken flavor)
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and sliced thin
- 1 cup fresh kale, leaves stripped from tough stems and torn into 1-inch pieces (about 4-5 large stems of kale)
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine water, bouillon, fennel, and kale.
- Let simmer until kale is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion and let simmer until potatoes are tender and broth is slightly thickened, another 10 minutes.