Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Just something simple I knocked up for my lunch but was very tasty! Dead easy to make, and you can easily change the veg to make this soup your own!
- Chop onion finely and place in a large pan with the oil and sweat until transparent, do not let onions burn.
- Peel and dice the potatoes into 1cm pieces, top and tail the carrots and cut them into thin discs. Put both the potatoes and carrots in with the onions.
- Take 1 chicken stock cube and mix it with 1 litre of boiling water, add this to the pan with the onions, potatoes and carrots. Add the bay leaf and parsley to the pan, allow to simmer gently for 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Measure 50g of small pasta shapes, and slice the cabbage into 1cm thick ribbons then cut them in half horizontally. Add the cabbage and the pasta into the pan for a further 10 minutes cooking time.
- When the potatoes are soft but still keeping their shape and the pasta is cooked, remove the parsley and bay leaf. Season to taste, and serve.