Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From chef Jamie Oliver's show "Jamie at Home," episode "Carrots and Beets."
- 4 pork chops, about 1 1/2-inch thick
- black pepper
- 8 large fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Score the fat at the edge of the chops at 1/2" intervals. Sprinkle both sides of each chop with salt and pepper. Stick a large sage leaf to the meat over the "eye" of the chop; press in firmly.
- Pour olive oil into a hot non-stick skillet. Add chops, sage side down. Apply the remaining sage leaves to the now upper side of the chops.
- Place skillet in a preheated 425F (220C) oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown, turning once half way through. Remove to a plate.
- Pour fat out of pan. Deglaze with lemon juice and drizzle over chops.