Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is based on a recipe from www.allrecipes.com This is the link to see the original recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Simple-Pork-and-Cabbage-Skillet/Detail.aspx?ms=1&prop25=46139825&prop26=WhatsCooking&prop27=2010-10-14&prop28=RecipeArea1&prop29=FullRecipe_4&me=1 By: Dan This is a simple and hearty meal for a chilly day. It adjusts easily to suit any taste. Serve with mashed potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 pork chops
- 1⁄2 cabbage, large head, quartered
- 2 onions, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tart apples, cored and chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 garlic, cloves crushed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the pork chops in the hot oil until well-browned on each side, about 10 minutes per side.
- 2. Add the cabbage, onion, apple, 2 cups of water, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper to the skillet; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and place a cover on the skillet. Cook at a simmer until the pork chops are completely tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 3. Remove the pork and vegetable mixture from the skillet, leaving as much of the liquid in the skillet as possible. Whisk the water and flour together in a small bowl. Raise the heat under the skillet to medium-high. Pour the flour mixture into the remaining liquid in the skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until the gravy thickens and begins to boil. Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer an additional 5 minutes. Pour the gravy over the pork and vegetable mixture.