Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This came from Eating Well magazine. We have Italian Plum trees and I'm always looking for new recipes to use up all our plums! Use 1 pound of any kind of plums you like. I love that there are only 4 ingredients! The tag line on the recipe says "...spread on crackers with cream cheese or as a dipping sauce for grilled chicken."
- Combine plums, vinegar, honey and crushed red pepper in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the plums start to break down, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor and pulse several times into a coarse puree.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
My plums may have been a little too tart, so I added more honey and some brown sugar. I also found it needed a little salt and I needed to thicken it with some corn starch. A lovely, simple recipe that lends itself to variations like adding other spices such as ginger. Thank you.