1/2 Photos of Simple Plum Cake (Gluten Free)
Chef #847534's Note:
This recipe has been passed around my family for generations. We are a German family and we love this recipe. I haven't tried it with other fruit so I don't know if it will come out right. If you like you can cut down the sugar but it will affect the taste. One of my favorite features of this cake is the crumbly topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1Beat egg whites until stiff. Cream egg yolks and sugar together in separate.
- 2bowl. Gradually stir in flour & baking powder. Add beaten egg whites.
- 3Pour into greased and floured pan and lightly brown for 10 minutes until top.
- 4of batters is a bit firm. Split plums in half and lay peel side down on top.
- 5of batter.
- 6Cream butter and sugar together for topping, add in flour. Sprinkle on top.
- 7of plums until evenly covered.
- 8Bake at 325 about 45-60 minutes until lightly golden brown. If using a gluten free all purpose baking mix you might need to bake it longer (1hr 15 min?).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Plum Cake (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.9
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 101.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: