1/5 Photos of Simple Pizza Dough
2 hrs 20 mins
King Arthur's Flour recipe. Prep time includes rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (4 1/4 oz / 121g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1Using a wooden spoon/mixer with dough hooks, combine all the dough ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, until a soft, slightly sticky dough is formed.
- 2Add a few tsp of water if your dough seems dry.
- 3Turn the dough onto a lightly oiled surface, knead it lightly with oiled hands.
- 4Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover and let rise for 1 hour; it might not necessarily double in bulk (usually I let dough rise in a turned-off oven or microwave).
- 5Punch down the dough and roll it into a ball.
- 6Flatten in and roll it to desired thickness and size to fit your pizza pan (if dough resists rolling, let it rest for 10mins before rolling again).
- 7Let rise for another 30mins; preheat oven to 425°F/ 220°C.
- 8Prior to baking, poke holes all over the dough with a fork.
- 9Bake for 10-15mins before topping the pizza; finally, bake for another 5-10mins until topping is hot and cheese has melted.
- 10NOTE- if you like super crispy crust like I do, preheat a baking sheet at 475°F/ 240°C for for 5-10mins, then slide the pizza pan (with the crust) onto the hot baking sheet; Bake for 15mins, then put your topping and bake for another 15mins (if you have baking stone, use that instead of the baking sheet).
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.2
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 470.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: