Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This simple pineapple sauce is so delicious and easy to make. I got the recipe from my Sister-in-law. Leftovers are great served warm, over vanilla ice cream. I love it with a Honey Baked Ham.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, in juice (do not drain)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (start with less and adjust to your taste)
- In a small sauce pan mix the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Stir in undrained crushed pineapple, lemon juice and mustard.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Boil while stirring for 1 minute.
- Serve warm with ham.
good stuff. i added about a tablespoon of worchestire sauce and trust me, it makes all the difference :)
Easy and delicious. Skipped the mustard, and added Tabasco sauce instead. The spicy sweetness was delicious!
I thought it was great and so easy. I made it on the spur of the moment and had everything in the house, including the pineapple in the freezer! I love raisins, and somehow think that raisins go with ham, so I threw in a handful while it was simmering. A winner!