Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Buttered muffins for breakfast, yum. BE SURE TO USE THE KIND OF PINEAPPLE THAT COMES IN HEAVY SYRUP!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, NOT drained
- Cream butter with sugar.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir in flour through pineapple just enough to moisten.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350°F about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped butter.
This is a delicious muffin! It is closer to a scone but I don't think muffins should be like a cake. I find alot of muffins are more like a cupcake without the icing. This isn't overly sweet and a perfect part of a snack for my boys!
They were AWFUL. Very bland and extremely heavy. I doubled the recipe but still did not get 24 muffins. They did have the texture of perhaps a scone or buscuit perhaps they would have been better if cooked like a drop biscuit..
These were okay; I didn't have any heavy syrup pineapple, so I added extra sugar. They were a little bland, which didn't bother me, but they were also super dense. They felt kind of rubbery, too. However, this may have happened because I messed up while mixing these together, so I'll have to review again some other time. Thanks for the recipe!