Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple rice dish with a hint of Indian flavour.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 250 g basmati rice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 cloves
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 600 ml boiling chicken stock or 600 ml vegetable stock (you may use a stock cube)
- Rinse the rice in cold water until it runs clear or soak it in water for 1 hour and drain.
- Heat the ghee over a medium-high heat in an oven proof saucepan, when it is hot add the cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and cumin seeds and stir them for a few seconds until aromatic.
- Reduce the slightly and stir in the rice and cook it for 1 minute.
- Add the boiling stock to the pan and allow the rice to simmer for 3-5 minutes, then place the lid on the pan and place it in the preheated oven.
- Allow the rice to cook for a further 10 minutes-15 minutes.
- The rice should be just tender and the stock should be absorbed.
- Remove the rice from the oven and loosen the rice by fluffing it up with a fork.
- Serve or keep warm until ready to serve.
This is delish! Thanks for posting!