Recipe by D. Todd Miller
My attempts at making homemade pie crust resulted in disappointment until I found this simple recipe in a magazine. I've had great results with this recipe!
Top Review by children from A to Z
Wonderful crust recipe. I used this to make turkey pot pie for dinner. The crust was flakey and nicely browned. The dough was easy to work with after chilled and it rolled out nicely to tearing. I will be using this again for sure. Thanks for posting!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, very cold (Use real butter, not margarine)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk, very cold
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the cold butter into small pieces. Set aside.
- Put flour in a bowl, and, with a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture is crumb-like.
- Add salt and milk, stir well. If dough is too dry, add milk, a little at a time.
- Form dough into a ball and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least an hour and up to a day.
- If you need, you may wrap the whole ball of dough in plastic wrap and freeze for several weeks.