Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted by request. Recipe from www.recipegoldmine.com. Prep time does not include peeling cloves. Supposedly you can buy a 1/2 gallon jar of peeled cloves from Costco/Sam's Club for $7.
- 3 cups fresh cloves garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups white distilled vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Peel cloves; if large, cut in half lengthwise.
- In a non-reactive saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Bring to boiling and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Drop garlic into mixture and cook, uncovered, over high heat 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; let cool.
- Store in tightly covered jar in refrigerator for 3 months or longer.
- To make a crisper, slightly spicier garlic pickle, add 1/16 to 1/8 teaspoon alum and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red peppercorns.
Simply great recipe.I made it last year and it turned blue so I threw it out.I got help on ZAAR so it didn't turn blue this time and it's just as I remember in PA. Thank you for posting it Roosie
Simply delicious! I halved the recipe. Easy to make, and wonderful to eat! Thanks Roosie!