Recipe by FalaRedwing
My mother thought this one up on Mother's Day to compliment the dinner I was making; it can be a meal in itself as well. It can also be used as a kind of "pita pizza" recipe. Use tomato sauce instead of pesto, add ham, peppers, mushrooms, etc. We made 2 and had almost a whole one left over. Note: it doesn't microwave well.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425dF.
- Place the pita on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Spoon pesto sauce onto pita and spread to edges.
- Sprinkle cheese over pita and pesto.
- Bake at 425 for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven; use pizza slicer to cut into quarters.