1/4 Photos of Simple Perfect Enchiladas
Jane from Ohio's Note:
I saw this on The Food Network by Pioneer Woman. Thought it looked good. I made this yesterday and I only used 1 can of diced chillies. I used mild enchilada sauce and mild chillies. This was very tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (28 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely copped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- canola oil (for frying)
- 10 -14 corn tortillas
- 2 (4 ounce) cans of diced chilies
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup of sliced black olives
- 3 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese
- cilantro (to garnish)
- 1For the sauce.
- 2In sauce pan over medium heat combine canola oil and flour.
- 3Whisk together and allow to bubble for 1 minute.
- 4pour in the red sauce, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- 5bring to boil.
- 6reduce the heat while you prepare the other ingredients.
- 8While the sauce is simmering, brown the ground beef with the onions in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 9Drain the fat.
- 10Add the salt and combine.
- 11turn off the heat and set aside.
- 12For the rest.
- 13In a small skillet over medium high heat, heat some canola oil.
- 14Lightly fry the tortillas just until soft.
- 15Do not crisp.
- 16drain on paper towel.
- 17repeat until all tortillas are fried.
- 18Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 19Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce on the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
- 20next, one at a time, dip each tortilla into the sauce.
- 21set the sauce soaked tortilla on a plate.
- 22place on some of the meat mixture, , chillies, green onions and black olives.
- 23top with a generous portion of cheddar cheese.
- 24roll up the tortilla to contain the filling.
- 25place tortilla seem side down in the baking dish.
- 26repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
- 27pour the remaining sauce over the top.
- 28end with the generous sprinkling of cheese and any of the chillies, onions and olives you have left from the filling.
- 29bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- 30sprinkle chopped cilantro on top and serve.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Perfect Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.2
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 83.0 mg
- Sodium 1718.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 26.9 g