Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Pan seared ham steak is one of the simplest meats to prepare! Quick too!
Top Review by breezermom
Super simple and easy to make! First time I've ever added sugar when pan searing ham, and it added a nice carmelization to the ham. I had a wonderful dinner in under 30 minutes! Thanks for sharing!
Directions See How It's Made
- Open ham steak package and drain off any liquid in the package.
- Add ham steak to a hot iron skillet ~ sprinkle generously with coarsely ground black pepper.
- Sear both sides over medium-high heat, cooking off all liquid.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon raw sugar over hot ham steak ~ continue searing for about one minute while sugar melts. Turn over, then over again, searing both sides, browning slightly!
- Turn off heat, and wait about 5 minutes before cutting into serving pieces.