Pan seared ham steak is one of the simplest meats to prepare! Quick too!
Make and share this Simple Peppery Sweet Ham Steak recipe from Food.com.
- Open ham steak package and drain off any liquid in the package.
- Add ham steak to a hot iron skillet ~ sprinkle generously with coarsely ground black pepper.
- Sear both sides over medium-high heat, cooking off all liquid.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon raw sugar over hot ham steak ~ continue searing for about one minute while sugar melts. Turn over, then over again, searing both sides, browning slightly!
- Turn off heat, and wait about 5 minutes before cutting into serving pieces.