Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very simple recipe. My children love this one. You may add additional seasonings as you like.
- 1 lb penne rigate
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (26 ounce) jar Ragu parmesan and romano spaghetti sauce
- 1 (26 ounce) jarragu italian sausage spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) package pepperoni slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Cook pasta according to package directions - al dente - do not overcook.
- Brown the ground beef, chopped onion and garlic together in pan. Drain.
- Pour in both jars of spaghetti sauce, simmer for a few minutes.
- In large bowl, combine meat mixture with drained pasta.
- Put layer of pasta/meat mixture into bottom of pan, then layer of Velveeta, then layer of pepperoni.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients used. Bake uncovered 30 minutes.
- Top with parmesan cheese before serving.
This was good. VERY heavy, though. I did add some more seasonings to the tomato mix as it was too bland. 1 serving apiece and we were done. Overall, easy recipe, easy to follow directions, it was good.
I made this for Sunday night dinner with a few friends over. I used ground pork instead of beef (what I had on hand). It was very tasty, but very heavy. I served it with a green salad and most people only ate 1 serving and were FULL!!! Not low on calories, but overall good on taste for a special treat