Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cookies are a great holiday treat. You can make this recipe with less fat and calories if you replace the oil with unsweetened applesauce and the sugar with a sugar substitute and still get the same great taste and texture.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup oil (or unsweetened applesauce)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (or 1/ cup substitute such as Splenda)
- 1 -2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup andes mint chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift flour, baking powder and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add water oil and gently work together.
- Add the peppermint extract, and mint chocolate chips.
- Place on lightly sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes.
- or until toothpick comes out clean.