Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
They are so easy to make and taste really really good! Can be alternated into any other favours!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cake flour (Whole wheat flour for chewy texture)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 12 pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350; Combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add in eggs into the butter mixture, then add in yogurt, vanilla extract and flour mixture. Mix well.
- Add in pecans.
- Pour the mixture into loaf pan or into muffin cups. Bake for an hour if using loaf pan; 30 minutes for muffin cups. Place pecan halves on top of each muffin or line them into pattern on top of the loaf.
- 10 minutes before end time, brush some honey on the top for coating.