1/2 Photos of Simple Pecan Pound Cake
They are so easy to make and taste really really good! Can be alternated into any other favours!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour (Whole wheat flour for chewy texture)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 12 pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350; Combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon, set aside.
- 2Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- 3Add in eggs into the butter mixture, then add in yogurt, vanilla extract and flour mixture. Mix well.
- 4Add in pecans.
- 5Pour the mixture into loaf pan or into muffin cups. Bake for an hour if using loaf pan; 30 minutes for muffin cups. Place pecan halves on top of each muffin or line them into pattern on top of the loaf.
- 610 minutes before end time, brush some honey on the top for coating.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Pecan Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (818 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.7
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 56.9 mg
- Sodium 179.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 4.0 g