Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple is best. The slow cooking time makes the most wonderful pecan pie.
Ingredients for 1 9-inch pie
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped or 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare pie crust; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs.
- Gradually beat in sugar, until light.
- Add corn syrup, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Fold in pecans.
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.