Recipe by Bizzy-Bee
This is a light, refreshing side dish. I created it by taking bits and pieces from several different coleslaw and broccoli salad recipes. Enjoy!
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
I read the first review, but because the recipe noted that all the dressing may not be needed in the final product, I followed it exactly. I did not feel that it was too sweet at all. In fact, the balance of sweet and tangy was really nice. Because I actually made this recipe before rating it, I can help others in the future by letting them know that the longer the salad sits in the fridge, the more the dressing liquifies. I poured small amounts at a time, stirring between each one and eventually ended up pouring it all in because the mixture just looked so dry. I refrigerated it and left the house for 2 hours. When I returned, the dressing had liquified and the salad was akin to the liquid/solid ratio of KFC cole slaw. It tastes great and I wouldn't change a thing, except next time if I'm not serving it within 30 minutes I'll try using around 2/3 of the dressing. I don't consider this a problem in any way, because some people like their cole slaw with lots of dressing. This recipe allows you to customize it to your tastes. I'm really pleased I tried this, despite the first review, and I'll definitely make it again. Can't wait for BBQ weather! Thanks for sharing this recipe Bizzy-Bee. Made and enjoyed for the Spring 2012 Pick-A-Chef event.
- 16 ounces bagged shredded Coleslaw or 16 ounces broccoli slaw mix
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl,whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad mixture and toss well to coat.
- Allow salad to chill for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Note: Add dressing to taste. Salad may not require all of the dressing.