Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mother made these for my sister and I when we were small. We used to get to flatten them out - and lick the bowl, of course... Ah, nostalgia!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and peanut butter.
- Blend in sugars and egg.
- Stir in flour.
- Roll into small (1 - 1.5" diameter) balls.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet and flatten with floured fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
This was outstanding. Nothing fancy, no fuss, just fast and so very good. People always seem to want to reinvent the wheel, when it works just fine the way it is. Most times the simple way is the best way, just like this. Thanks for submitting this recipe!