Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from C.A. Lynd of lyndsgourmet.com. Every year we anxiously wait for Lynd's farm to put out their peaches. They gave us this recipe with the peaches I just bought and it is simple and wonderful.
- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 1182.95 ml fresh peaches, sliced
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 78.07-118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23-2.46 ml cinnamon
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Stir together flour, 1 cup sugar, and cinnamon and set aside.
- Wash, peel, and slice fresh peaches.
- Mix together peaches with the combined dry ingredients.
- Turn into pastry-lined pie pan and dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust, cut slits in it, seal the edges.
- Sprinkle top with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Cover the edges with foil to prevent over browning; remove foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through the slits in the crust.
- Pie may be frozen for future use.
Very easy recipe -- pie came out with nice consistency. Peaches remained the star, not lost in liquid and other ingredients. The egg coating on the bottom crust might have helped on that front, too. I misread the recipe and only used two tablespoons of sugar in the filling (rather than one cup -- I somehow ended up putting two tablespoons in the filling and two tablespoons on the top of the top crust)-- it still was very tasty. The fruit really came through, and I was lucky that the peaches were at a perfect ripeness but not over-ripe. But the small amount of sugar did make for an understated experience. On the other hand, the kids cleaned their plates and asked for seconds, so while I will boost the sugar, I might not go all the way to one cup. But this was a very good recipe.
This pie was great and ridiculously easy to make! I've never made a fruit pie before, and didn't really know where to start. I followed these directions exactly, but made a crumb topping instead by mixing 1/2 c flour, 1/2 c brown sugar and 2 T butter with my fingers until it resembled coarse crumbs, then I sprinkled it across the top. The topping was incredible - I highly recommend trying it!
Great recipe. I used only 1/2 c. sugar and it was PERFECT.
Baked it for 30 min with edges covered, then about 10 min uncovered.
I did not peel the peaches - the peel becomes so soft while baking that you hardly notice them in the pie.
thanks for the recipe.