Recipe by John Skrable
Never mind the butter sauce. Whatever is your preference. If you are preparing a butter sauce, I think this is an excellent way to prepare the pasta.
- 1⁄2 lb pasta
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cloves, fresh pressed garlic
- 1⁄2 cup mixed diced vegetables or 2 tablespoons dried vegetable flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 pinches salt
Directions See How It's Made
- First, to the pasta water, add 3 pinches of salt, 1 clove pressed garlic, 2 tsp of dried oregano, veggies.
- Bring to a full boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Then bring it back to a full boil, and add the pasta.
- It works.
- Meantime, in a saucepan, add butter, parmesan cheese, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1 clove pressed garlic, 1/2 tsp black pepper, pinch of cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp olive oil.
- Melt on simmer, and stir well.
- Drain the pasta, place in a service bowl, add the sauce, a generous sprinkling of parmesan cheese, and toss.