Never mind the butter sauce. Whatever is your preference. If you are preparing a butter sauce, I think this is an excellent way to prepare the pasta.
- First, to the pasta water, add 3 pinches of salt, 1 clove pressed garlic, 2 tsp of dried oregano, veggies.
- Bring to a full boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Then bring it back to a full boil, and add the pasta.
- It works.
- Meantime, in a saucepan, add butter, parmesan cheese, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1 clove pressed garlic, 1/2 tsp black pepper, pinch of cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp olive oil.
- Melt on simmer, and stir well.
- Drain the pasta, place in a service bowl, add the sauce, a generous sprinkling of parmesan cheese, and toss.
Didn't quite understand the pasta cooking method. The directions made it sound like you simply drop it and it's done. I still had to cook my angel hair pasta on a rolling boil for about 8 minutes after doing thw boil --> 15 minutes simmer --> boil thing. Decent recipe though.
This was excellent! The method for cooking the vegetables and then adding the pasta is one that I will use since it works out so well. I used lantern shaped pasta and chopped up broccoli and fresh mushrooms for the vegetables, which I doubled. I love meatless meals and this was a perfect choice! Thanks so much for posting!!