Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a simple recipe, but not plain by any means. It needs to be chilled for atleast 4 hours before serving.
- 1 lb shell pasta
- 1 cup mixed pickle, diced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, cut in quarters
- 1⁄2 cup minced red onion
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons pimiento, minced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Rinse under cold water until completely cool.
- Combine mayonnaise, pickle juice, garlic and mustard powder and whisk to blend well.
- Put all salad ingredients into a big bowl, pour dressing over and combine well.
- Season to taste.
- Chill several hours before serving.
I've been meaning to review this for more than a year..... People love this pasta salad. the thing that makes it different is that it doesn't use "itlalian dressing"(those are good too). One note: if making a day ahead, don't put in the hard boiled eggs until the morning of the party, or the yolks will completely disintegrate. I have subbed red sweet pepper for the pimento- subbed ready made relish for the chopped pickle every time, and used just a touch of garlic powder in lieu of the real thing. Still turned out great. you'll get lots of compliments with this one.
This was served with our Easter meal and I used some of the tips the other reviewer placed. Excellant and superb. Wonderful taste to this salad, thanks Evelyn :)
My Gosh, Girl, this is a great little pasta salad! I used bread and butter pickles, chopped, the juice of the pickles, and omitted the green pepper. Came out lovely! Went really well with bar-b-q'd ribs! Thanks for sharing, evelyn, I'll be making this often. Laudee