Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is something I thought up one summer when it was super hot and didn't feel like heating the whole house up. My daughter loves this quick simple meal.
- 1 lb tri-colored pasta
- Italian dressing
- 1 lb colby-monterey jack cheese
- bacon bits
- green pepper (optional)
- cherry tomatoes (optional)
- olive (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and then Rinse Pasta off under cold water. Let sit to make sure all of the water is off pasta.
- Cut up cheese into little blocks.
- Layer pasta, cheese, and bacon bits to make sure it is evenly distributed throughout bowl.
- Mix in salad dressing to taste then refrigerate till cold.
- * variation of recipe: you could leave out the salad dressing and let whoever is eating choose their own flavor dressing if they don't like Italian (french and Ranch have been other's used).
- You can also substitute pasta for any other type you prefer.