Recipe by Jangomango
This is a very traditional fresh egg pasta dough. It does not contain olive oil or water. When you cook it, it will be very light. In the cook time I said 2 minutes, but it really depends on what you are going to do with the dough. You could make lasagne sheets, or you could make fettucini, so these cooking times will be different.
Top Review by Trixyinaz
This is almost exactly how I make mine. I do 1 egg and 1 cup of flour per person - nothing else. I never add salt either. Love this dough recipe, just minus the salt. Enjoy everyone!
- 2 cups plain flour or 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (265 g)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor, or by hand if you don't have a food processor, mix the flour and salt.
- Add eggs, and process (mix) until just starting to come together.
- Turn out onto a floured bench and knead until satiny, smooth and a bit springy.
- This will take 5-10 minutes.
- It should not be sticky.
- If it's sticky, knead in a little more flour.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and leave it on the counter to rest for an hour.
- The dough will then be ready to roll either by hand or in a machine.