This is a very traditional fresh egg pasta dough. It does not contain olive oil or water. When you cook it, it will be very light. In the cook time I said 2 minutes, but it really depends on what you are going to do with the dough. You could make lasagne sheets, or you could make fettucini, so these cooking times will be different.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In food processor, or by hand if you don't have a food processor, mix the flour and salt.
- 2Add eggs, and process (mix) until just starting to come together.
- 3Turn out onto a floured bench and knead until satiny, smooth and a bit springy.
- 4This will take 5-10 minutes.
- 5It should not be sticky.
- 6If it's sticky, knead in a little more flour.
- 7Wrap with plastic wrap and leave it on the counter to rest for an hour.
- 8The dough will then be ready to roll either by hand or in a machine.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Pasta Dough
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1124.5
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 558.0 mg
- Sodium 799.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 191.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 44.6 g