Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A light and easy delicious side dish.
Make and share this Simple Parmesan Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise. Squeeze or scoop out some pulp and seeds with a spoon. Turn upside down on paper towels to drain.
- Place tomatoes cut side up in oven safe dish, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, parmesan, thyme, garlic and olive oil. Season with pepper.
- Spoon crumb mixture over each tomato half and bake 10 minutes.
So simple but so very, very good! I have wanted to make these for some time but held out until my garden tomatoes were ready. I am gla I did. An excellent treatment for fresh tomatoes!
We used fresh tomatoes that our neighbor had given us from her garden. This is a great side dish for something nice and different, and very easy to put together.
This is a great side dish, especially if you love tomatoes! I can't wait to try this with my garden-fresh tomatoes! I did add some sweet onions to this, but that's it! Thanks for sharing.