Recipe by Oolala
This is so simple: ketchup, beer and dry onion soup mix. Makes a nice, sweet sauce. I love how easy it is to make brisket and have many recipes from all over! You can make this in the oven or in a crock pot! I'll give instructions both ways. I like to serve with egg noodles or rice.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) beef brisket
- 1 (16 -24 ounce) can beer
- 12 ounces ketchup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix (I like Lipton)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put brisket, fat side up, in roasting pan or crock pot.
- Mix together the beer, ketchup and onion soup packet and pour over brisket.
- If Baking, Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook for 3-4 hours or until fork tender.
- For crock pot preparation, prepare the meat the same way, but cook on low for 6-7 hours; cooking until fork tender.
- Remove brisket from sauce and place on a cutting board. Let meat cool down a bit.
- Trim off fat by cutting away with a sharp knife.
- I like to skim the fat off the sauce. You can use a fat skimmer or let it harden in the refrigerator at remove the hard fat that is congealed on top with a spoon.
- Slice meat against the grain and serve with the sauce.
- Note* I like to skim the fat from the sauce. You can use a fat skimmer or let the sauce harden in the refrigerator. Remove the hard fat that is congealed on top with a spoon.
- Heat and serve.