Jen in Victoria, BC's Note:
This is great over pork or chicken that needs a little extra something. Modified from The Joy of Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter in frying pan over medium heat.
- 2Add shallots, cooking until softened but not browned.
- 3Turn the heat to medium high and add the chicken broth.
- 4Bring to a boil, then add dijon, vinegar, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- 5Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- 6Add cream and reduce another 1-2 minutes.
- 7Strain sauce, if desired, and return to pan.
- 8Add in the herbs and swirl in butter.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Pan Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.1
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.5 mg
- Sodium 330.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar