Recipe by Stovepipe
The cooking times are for salmon cut into approximately 1.5 inch wide, 1.5 inch thick, and 6 inch long pieces, or a little larger. Cooking time may need to be adjusted for larger or thicker pieces. I usually cook with the skin side down first if it's not possible to cook it with the skin along the side.
- 1⁄2 lb salmon, sliced
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle salmon with a moderate to generous amount of salt. Pepper as desired.
- Lightly coat salmon in flour on a plate.
- Place salmon in heated skillet over medium heat coated with roughly equal parts oil and butter (slightly more butter). It should start cooking at a slow to medium sizzle.
- Cover with a lid and cook until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes.
- Turn salmon, put lid back on, and reduce heat slightly. Cook another 5-7 minutes or until done.
- Can remain in pan with lid on and heat off for a little while until ready to serve.