1/2 Photos of Simple Pan-fried Chicken Breasts
This is a dish I came up with to serve with HeatherFeather's Red Wine & Rosemary Sauce over Linguine. This is so simple and extremely easy. I pan-fry the chicken in a skillet, then prepare the sauce in the same skillet. You might get some blackened 'stuff' in the pasta sauce - I strain it first before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound the chicken breasts with a meat mallet or a rolling pin, to tenderize the meat and ensure uniform thickness.
- 2Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken and let sit for 15 minutes or so.
- 3Heat a skillet over med-high heat, and add olive oil.
- 4When pan is sufficiently heated, sear chicken breasts over high heat.
- 5Allow about 2 minutes (until lightly browned) before turning to other side.
- 6Optional: Before serving, sprinkle grated cheese on chicken and broil for approx 5-10 mins (until cheese is melted).
- 7Serving suggestions: Serve this over pasta, or as chicken sandwich with fresh tomatoes, lettuce and mustard/mayo.
- 8Personally I love this with fried rice too.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Pan-fried Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.6
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 151.0 mg
- Sodium 1146.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 50.2 g